Olney WIC
1016 Arbor, Olney, TX

Tuesday9:00 AM — 12:00 PM
 1:00 PM — 3:30 PM
Loyce Huffman, Clinic Director
Celeste Mayo, Area Director
(682) 432-9959
Apply FAQs

Answers to common questions about applying for WIC

  • How do I apply for WIC?

    Visit your local WIC office to schedule an appointment or call (806) 894 – 6104. Click here to find a WIC office near you.

  • Who can apply for WIC?
    • Pregnant women
    • Breastfeeding women
    • Women who had a baby within the last six months
    • Parents, step-parents, guardians, and foster parents of infants and children who are younger than 5.
  • How do I know I am eligible?

    If you are on Medicaid, TANF, or SNAP, you meet the income eligibility guidelines for WIC. If you don’t qualify for these programs, you may still qualify for WIC by meeting the income guidelines for your household.

    You must live in Texas. You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to be part of the WIC program. Apply in person to learn if you are eligible. Click here to find a WIC office near you and make an appointment.

    Your WIC appointment includes a visit with a nutrition expert to help determine your eligibility. WIC will measure, weigh and check the iron level of each family member applying for WIC and answer any questions you may have about health and nutrition.

  • How long can I stay on WIC?

    If you meet the income and nutrition requirements:

    • Infants and children can stay on WIC until they turn 5.
    • Women who are pregnant receive WIC food benefits until the end of their pregnancy.
    • Women who are fully or partially breastfeeding receive WIC food benefits until their baby is 1-year-old.
    • Women who are mostly or only formula feeding receive WIC food benefits until their baby is 6-months-old.
  • What about fathers?

    Fathers of infants and children younger than 5 can enroll their children in the WIC program. Just like any other parent or guardian, fathers can bring their children to appointments, attend nutrition classes and get benefits for their children.

  • Who provides the services?

    Many organizations offer WIC services such as local health departments, county and city agencies, migrant health centers, community action agencies, and hospitals.

  • Will I be able to use my Texas WIC card in another state?

    ​No, the Texas WIC card can only be used in Texas.

  • What should I do if I move from Texas to another state?

    Before you move, ask your Texas WIC clinic for a Verification of Certification form to take to your new state. You will need to make an appointment at the WIC office in your new state to have benefits issued.

  • What should I do if I moved to Texas from another state?

    Contact the local WIC clinic in your area to tell them you want to transfer your WIC benefits from another state. If you do not know the nearest WIC clinic in your area, call 800-942-3678 for assistance.

  • What should I do if I move to a new address?

    If you are in the same part of town, contact your WIC office and let them know your new address. If you move to another town or a different part of town, call the closest WIC clinic and request a transfer of your records.

  • Will WIC include the stimulus check or child tax credit payments as part of my income?

    The 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit to Individuals (also known as stimulus checks) is not included in your income calculations when we determine your program eligibility. Additionally, the Child Tax Credit direct payments from July through December 2021 are not included in the income calculation either.

This website uses cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. If you continue to use this website, you consent to our use of cookies. Please note some cookies are required for the function of the course. To learn more please read our Privacy Policy.

Copyright ©SPCAA WIC Designed by DSBWorldWide, Inc. Powered by WebItems® Software.